We moved premises a few weeks ago. Moving into a new place always provides opportunities for problem solving and identifying idiosyncracies of different things. After moving in, we could not oven to turn on. The oven had all the instructions for various white goods in the kitchen inside it. Not a good idea if someone could easily turn on the oven without checking. I check the fuse box and it seemed operational. After a few hours, my wife discovered a on/off switch that actually turned on the oven. Never in our lives had we seen such a setup. It must be a safety feature for young people?
The new place has a couple of remote operating garage doors. Naturally, my remote control pad lost its settings and I had little or no Internet access for the first 10 days of the move. Eventually I located an Internet terminal. I did a quick search for the manufacturer of the Australian door, found a FAQ section which gave instructions on re-coding the keypad. When I took the cover off the remote controller on the door, I was surprised at how complex the circuit board appeared. It definitely has the ability to do a lot more than previous generations of remote controlled doors in Australia.
Pressed the Door Code continuously, and at the same time pressed the transmitter button on the remote pad twice. Tested the remote out and everything was operational!

Popular posts from this blog

Micro:bit with Servo Motor

Micro:bit motor hardwired without motor board

Micro:bits Radio Temperature Sensor Display Python Coding